This recipe for Butternut Slaw was demonstrated by Edgar Edge at our Learning Kitchen Tent at VegFest Oahu 2017.
- 3 cups green cabbage, shredded finely
- 3 cup butternut squash, shredded
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 1/8 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 cup parsley, chopped
- ½ each jalapeno, minced
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts or pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup cranberries
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- *(1 cup Shredded Beets, rinsed and drained, optional)
- 2 T lemon juice
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup red onions, minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Prep all ingredients and set in a bowl.
- Mix dressing in a separate bowl.
- Add dressing to slaw mix and toss.
- Serve alongside the BBQ Jackfuit Slider.
Yield: 12 – ½ cup servings