A tofu version of a classic Hawaiian dish, with a creamy, spicy kick! It is the demo dish at VegFest 2018 by Madeline Kammerer, Community Outreach Assistant, Down to Earth Organic & Natural. See her bio here.
Spicy Tofu Poke
Makes 2 cups.
- 1 (10-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- ¾ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon soy sauce or tamari
- Squeeze of lime
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon gomasio or sesame seeds
- Cut tofu into small bite-size cubes and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together vegan mayonnaise, chili sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, and lime juice.
- Add tofu and toss until well combined. This dish is best served cold so if needed, refrigerate for 30-60 minutes before serving. It also keeps in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle sesame seeds and gomasio over tofu. Serve and enjoy!