This recipe for Chia Seed Pancakes was demonstrated by William diGiorgio at our Learning Kitchen Tent at VegFest Oahu 2017.
Chia Seed Pancakes (Serves 2-3)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (all-purpose gluten free flour works, too)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Fresh or frozen blueberries (optional)
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add liquid ingredients and whisk gently until mixed.
- Wait 10-15 minutes for batter to thicken.
- Pre-heat non-stick pan over medium heat and pour out 1/4 cup batter at-a-time. Scatter blueberries on surface, if using.
- Flip pancakes when bubbles appear and cook 2-3 minutes on opposite side.
- Serve with maple syrup and vegan butter (if desired).