VegFest Oahu’s Free Samples Tent passed out hundreds of mini-sandwiches made from donated products from vegan food companies. Most of the attendees crowding around the tent had never tried vegan “meats” and “cheese” before and they were clearly delighted. We recommend you try those products as soon as possible!
- Mini sandwich bites made with Field Roast Deli Slices, Miso Mayo, and California Lavash
- Tofurky Italian Sausage, sliced and pan-warmed
- Quesadilla bites made with Field Roast Chao Cheese and California Lavash
- Queso made with Red Star Nutritional Yeast served with tortilla chips
- Packs of Once Again Nut Butters
- Packs of Wholesome Coconut Sweeteners
Recipes from Free Vegan Samples Tent
Here are some recipes inspired by VegFest Oahu Free Samples Tent using Field Roast products you can try at home:
Spicy Breakfast Sandwiches
Heat a small amount of oil in a sauce pan. Add deli slices and fresh spinach and sautee. As soon as spinach starts to wilt, remove from the pan and sautee the deli slices on medium heat until a little crispy on the edges, then remove from pan. Next, slice open the english muffins and place face down in the pan until they get a little toasted. Next, flip over the english muffins and layer in the deli slices, spinach, tomato and cheese slices, then place the muffin lid on the sandwiches and cover with a lid to melt the cheese. Turn sandwiches over to toast both sides. Remove and enjoy !