A “local style” favorite with a healthier twist.
6 cups, about 30 2-oz. servings
- 1 cup cauliflower, riced (can be grated, chopped or put in food processor before cooking)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup chopped spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 4-5 cloves garlic. minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 cup diced carrots (can be riced with cauliflower)
- 1-2 tsp oil
- 2 TB lime juice
- 1 TB ginger, minced or grated
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tsp liquid aminos
- 1/2 tsp coconut aminos
- Cook rice.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. When oil is heated, add onions and cook 3-5 minutes until translucent. Add garlic. Add water a little at a time (1-2 TB at a time) or veggie broth as needed to keep pan from burning.
- Add cauliflower, carrots and mushrooms, ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and green onions and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn heat to low. Add lime juice, liquid aminos, coconut aminos and stir. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until all liquid is evaporated.